Members / key-holders not adhering to these guidelines may be asked to return their key.
Members must be at least 18 years old and will receive a key to the garden. Annual membership is $20 ($10 for 65 and over). A second key for a houselhold is also $20 ($10 for senior).
The garden is open only during daylight hours from April through November for members’ use.
- Enjoy the flowers, trees, shrubs, and fish; the garden is a quiet space; please maintain it as such;
- Pull the gate closed and make sure it is locked when entering or leaving the garden (except when the garden is open to the general public on Sundays from 1:00-4:00pm);
- Keep to the wood-chip paths. No one may enter a garden plot, walk on the stepping-stones between plots, or remove items from a plot without permission of the plot holder;
- Enjoy your music with headphones;
- If you are aware of a serious problem, such as a broken lock or fallen tree, etc, please notify the garden (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tell a gardener.
- Pick the flowers;
- Plant or add anything to a plot-holder’s garden without their explicit permission;
- Enter the shed without a gardener;
- Use the hoses without a gardener;
- Use the garden for events that could just as well occur elsewhere and/or are of a commercial nature, such as privates parties, activity groups, classes, personal training, etc;
- Walk in bare feet;
- Feed the fish;
- Bring your pets;
- Drink alcoholic beverages;
Key-holders interested in becoming a plot holder/gardener are urged to volunteer and assist with clean up, watering, garden events, etc. Please speak with the gardener on duty for more information about this or anything else about the Lotus Garden.
All visitors to the garden are responsible for safeguarding their property; the garden cannot accept responsibility for its loss or damage.
The Lotus Garden (Urban Woodlands Community Gardens, Inc.) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation registered with Charities NYS (www.charitiesnys.com). Any donation to the Lotus Garden is tax deductible as defined by the Internal Revenue Service: check with your tax professional for more information.
PO BOX 134, Cathedral Station, New York, NY 10025 email@example.com